Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bienvenue en France!

We made it!! Life begins in la belle France. We've actually been here for three days now, and this is the first chance I've had to sit down for a while to write. I just charged my camera, so hopefully I'll be uploading lots of pictures in the next post. For now, here are some of the highlights from our first days in Lyon:

  • We're staying with a French family this week, as our apartment signing is not scheduled until the 23rd. We hosted their daughter Camille for a month last year, and now they are hosting us. Their generous hospitality has been a wonderful blessing. Cool evenings spent in their courtyard have refreshed our weary bodies and souls. We have dined alfresco almost every night (our hostess is an amazing cook by the way)! We enjoy lingering long over cups of tea and relaxed conversation. 
  • We successfully set up our French bank account. Someone gave us wise advice early on in our journey -- that if we could accomplish one task successfully, then the entire day should be counted as a success! I think we can count our days as "successes" so far. We have also purchased metro cards and a few groceries. We've traveled countless kilometers via bus, metro, tramway, and on foot.
  • Lori is doing great. She's ordering her own coffees and snacks in French, and is a pro at navigating the metro. She just needs to find some friends her own age, which won't be a problem once school begins. 
  • On Friday, we enjoyed a familiar ritual with some ministry partners: "pizza and movie night!" It was so nice to just chill out and relax in their company after a few long days of traveling and errands. 
  • During "down time" I'm enjoying some refreshing quiet times with the Lord. I thank Him for creating such a beautiful country, and I thank Him for placing us here for this season. I depend entirely on Him for my strength and comfort. He is truly here with me -- I can feel it. I pray for the people of Lyon, and I pray for our ministry to bear fruit for the Kingdom. My friends, would you please join me in praying for this city, and for our small part in reaching the lost with the good news of Jesus?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an amazing start! So grateful that you've been able to accomplish important things and that you are being loved and cared for from the start.

    ReplyDelete