Thursday, October 31, 2013

Giving Thanks Day 31: Everything

One of my favorite set of Bible verses is found in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

This month of giving thanks has taught me that there are many things to be thankful for, I just have to be looking out for them. This month I gave thanks for simple things, like balconies and picnics. I gave thanks for silly things, such as scarves and google translate. I gave thanks for the people who are most dear to me: my husband, children, and parents. I even gave thanks for difficult things, like tears and going to the prefecture. In each of these daily blogs, I learned lessons on gratitude. I learned that it opens the door to joy. That it takes watchfulness and intentionality. That intimate prayer often follows thanksgiving.

So today, as the calendar turns to November, I give thanks for, well...everything!

(I must admit, although I plan to continue giving thanks in my heart every single day, I'm also going to be thankful for a short rest from writing daily posts.)

...give thanks in ALL circumstances....

No comments:

Post a Comment